Donna is very puzzled

A Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Sat Mar 2 21:25:37 EST 2013

On 3/2/2013 1:33 PM, Donna Halper wrote:

> I just received an e-mail announcement that Charles Clemons is about
> to mount a run for mayor of the city of Boston.  Among his
> accomplishments, he lists himself as founder of Touch 106.1 ... Okay
> fine, it's a popular little community station,  and I know a lot of
> people in Roxbury/Dorchester/Mattapan who love it.  But isn't it still
> considered a Pirate station?  Back when all of us Baby Boomers were
> growing up and the FCC actually did its job, one would not necessarily
> be able to run a pirate station for very long.  Was this station ever
> transformed into a legal station?  If not, will this present problems
> in Mr. Clemons' effort to become mayor of Boston?

My guess is it may bring the station to the attention of the FCC, which
will force it to crack down.  That in turn may give Clemons some media
attention that he might not otherwise have.

I wonder whether he's any relation to Samuel Clemons.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.| 92 State Street| Suite 700| Boston, MA 02109-2004
617.367.0468|Fx:617.507.7856| http://www.attorneyross.com