Jen Brien gets WBZ (AM)'s overnight and Louise Morgan query

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@gmail.com
Sun Jun 30 05:51:29 EDT 2013

Thanks, was pretty sure about the TVue. Somewhere online there was a
picture of one cover, a cartoon that showed the different voices on Top Cat
including Arnold Stang, Marvin Kaplan etc. and it said Boston Sunday
Advertiser. The current Herald has the Herald, Traveler, Record, American,
and the Sunday Advertiser in its ancestry. Recently I was listening to an
audiobook of The Friends of Eddie Coyle and it said "a man selling records"
(outside a coffee shop) "was annoying people", and I realized it probably
meant "Records", as in the paper the Record, not vinyl!

Agreed about the decline of papers. Of course things like Craigslist hurt
the personals section, etc....and it was weird to be in Portland recently
and pick up a newsprint (rather than glossy) "Portland Phoenix", knowing
the Boston version of that paper is now defunct.
I believe a WHOIS search of wfnx.com turns up an address in Portland ME as
the current owner of the domain. (What's odd is the 99.9 in Athol currently
has the WFNX calls, yet Mindich etc. continue to own wfnx.com even though
that too is defunct. WFNX simulcasts WXRV and had been saying something
like "We're 99.9 per cent WFNX" in liners. I have wondered if maybe they
could flip flop the calls with 92.5 and go with the slogan "WFNX 92.5...the
River..." So far, not yet.