Pirates on AM in Boston?

Paul B. Walker, Jr. walkerbroadcasting@gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 08:44:44 EDT 2013

I've been in Boston several times and vividly recall the Pirates on the AM
band.

I would've thought they would all stick to the upper end of the band.

Anyone know what kind of power, transmitter/antenna set up these pirates
are using? I would imagine the pirates in the 15's and 16's are using a CB
style whip and maybe a TIS/HAR type transmitter.. but something on 720?

Paul