13 inductees to be honored by the Massachusetts Broadcasters Hall of Fame

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Tue Jun 11 17:10:25 EDT 2013

On 6/11/2013 2:55 PM, Sean Smyth wrote:
> Kevin Vahey wrote: "I am dismayed that Mugar was selected. He should be in the Hall of
> Shame for the way he ran WNEV/WHDH into the ground and also paving the
> way for WHDH radio to vanish forever."
>
> I'm surprised by that one as well. Channel 7 was perennially No. 3 when he owned it.

Perhaps it had to do with his philanthropic endeavors?  (I didn't vote
on that one, but there are a variety of criteria for induction.  I can
put you in touch with the president of the organization, if you want to
question one of the choices.)