WJIB song

Chris Hall chris2526@comcast.net
Mon Jul 29 00:29:12 EDT 2013

Tonight a song on WJIB brought back the memory of a formatic anomaly that would be impossible in 2013.
When I was at KISS-108 (Top 40/Churban) and WXKS 1430 (Big Band/Standards/Swing) there were a few songs
being played during the same period on both stations. The ones that stand out in my memory are:

Frank Sinatra:  New York New York
Les and Larry Elgart:  Various cuts off both Hooked on Swing albums
Nat King Cole and Natalie Cole:  Unforgettable (also played on WZOU)

Others may have included Duets by Sinatra and Tony Bennett, I remember both SJW and Steve Rivers saying
a good song is a good song and if its charting in the Top 40 Radio and Records cutting edge were playing it