Mass Broadcasters poise to take on pirates?

Don Donald_Astelle@yahoo.com
Mon Jul 15 14:35:44 EDT 2013

Looks like the MBA is trying to make some headway on the issue of pirates.
I think everyone who loves radio and doesn't want to see it devolve into a
glorified CB Radio with anyone and everyone who can pick up a transmitter is
suddenly a "broadcaster'.

Maybe we should all send a quick email to our state legislators...

From: http://www.massbroadcasters.org/mba-issues

Pirate Radio: The Massachusetts Broadcasters Association has been the
driving force behind Massachusetts House Bill 1679, an Act relative to an
unauthorized (re: pirate) radio telecommunication.  The bill would give the
Massachusetts Attorney General the power to bring action upon a violator of
the law.  The bill, which can be found on MAlegislature.com, has been
referred to the Joint Committee on the Judiciary.  Broadcasters who are
affected by pirate stations in Massachusetts are encouraged to tell the MBA
their story by email to jordan@massbroadcasters.org or by phone at
800-471-1875.