Is WBOQ Only NOW At Full Power?

Laurence Glavin lglavin@mail.com
Tue Jan 29 14:43:18 EST 2013

The official announcement that WBOQ-FM 104.9 was utilizing its new tower and transmitting facilities in
 Topsfield, MA was a few weeks ago. On a few occasons, when I checked the signal-strength indicator of
 my primary music system with FM reception, I observed I was getting different readings at different times,
 on one occasion, while WBOQ was providing no broadcast content (the only modulation might have been
 the stereo carrier) during the overnight, the signal seemed to weaken, then get stronger and back again while
 I was watching it. Now, today (Tuesday, 01/28) the signal is noticeably stronger than it has been, about equal
 to WBMX-FM 104.1 and WROR-FM 105.7 running 50K-equivalent from Boston and route 128 respectively. I'm
 guessing that they were working on the transmitter before going to full output. In the past few weeks,
 there have been observations by those living in the Boston/Cambridge area that WBOQ's signal was
 actually lower than before, even to the point of helping WRBB's coverage from Northeastern U.