WDER-AM 1320 DA Out Of Tolerance CLARIFICATION

Laurence Glavin lglavin@mail.com
Fri Jan 18 13:01:32 EST 2013

 CLARIFICATION: when I mentioned Thursday, it was Thursday January 10th, over a week ago. The post was in queue for
 a week. Earlier THIS week, WDER-AM reverted to a daytime signal close in received signal-strength to WORC-AM 1310 in Worcester and WRCA-AM
 1330 near Boston. That may not mean that its 10K DA-D pattern is back in use; they may have just cut back the
 non-directional power. I don't know. This wouldn't be extraordionary except for thr idea that a station would have much
 higher power with an STA toward protected stations than when running its authorized facilities. If I recall correctly,
 WAZN-AM 1470 ran 800 watts NDA out of Lexington while its pattern was being installed on the towers for
 WWDJ-AM 1150, viewable on Scott's Tower Calendar this year. It seemed to come in where I live with the
 same signal then as it does now.