WMVX (ex-WNSH) granted 50 kW-D

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 17:52:07 EST 2013

Yes; I have picked up WMVX in some spots of NH by day...but I do know
most of what they're counting on is the coast and salt water path. It
sounds impressive to sell spots by claiming 50 kW of course.

 (There's a clear salt water path between the Endicott College
> campus and the tip of Cape Cod but the 1570 ground system is on solid rock,
> whose minuscule conductivity I believe necessitated a waiver of the normal
> Class D minimum inverse-distance field.) Will the small improvement have any
> effect on listership in P-Town? Does Provincetown have much of a Hispanic
> population? My guess is that the intent of the increase is to do a little
> better in Lawrence.

Could be. I have gone to Endicott Coll. when the station, then WNSH,
had their studios there and I did some fill-ins. I haven't been to
their antenna site but went to radio-locator and clicked on the GPS
co-ordinates. Using the satellite view feature of Google maps,
I saw the antenna site--and it seems to be in a very rocky area to the
right of an
Endicott baseball field.