my interview with Donna Halper today

Shawn Mamros mamros@mit.edu
Tue Jan 8 08:32:14 EST 2013

Bud Hippisley wrote:
>[...]In fact, if I may quote from the 1959 edition of "Technique", the MIT
>yearbook:
>
>"Many of the announcers are Tech men, but there are a number of Tech coeds
>and Wellesley students whose pleasant personalities frequently radiate over
>WTBS.  Since last fall the Wellesley students who are members of WBS, the
>Wellesley radio station, have had a weekly program, "Wellesley Night Out",
>on WTBS...."  One of the accompanying photographs shows two Wellesley coeds
>during their weekly program, and another photograph in the WTBS write-up
>identifies Linda Greiner as Popular Music Director.

Linda Greiner (later Sprague) was the one I met at the 50th anniversary
party.  Didn't she later become station manager (or was it assistant
station manager?)?

That being said, the next woman to lead the station (by then the position
was retitled as General Manager) didn't arrive until almost 20 years
later.  We've had a few more since then, including our current GM and
her immediate predecessor.

-Shawn