my interview with Donna Halper today

A Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Sun Jan 6 23:49:08 EST 2013

On 1/6/2013 5:34 PM, Bob Nelson wrote:
> http://jukejoint.freehostia.com/Interviews/Halper2013.mp3
>
> It's a Sunday and Donna Halper is talking about radio, on the radio,
> with someone named Bob.
>
> --Bob Nelson
> WMWM

Very nice interview.

I've always been surprised whenever I hear Donna's story about women not
being allowed on the radio at Northeastern.  I'm a couple of years older
than Donna, but in 1963 when I got to WMUA at UMass as a freshman, there
were already a lot of women on the air there.  What surprised me at the
time was when I was told that there had recently been a woman station
manager.  I suppose I shouldn't have been surprised, since my mother was
a doctor, but I was.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.|92 State Street|Suite 700|Boston, MA 02109-2004
617.367.0468|Fx:617.507.7856|http://www.attorneyross.com