WXKS 1200 to Bloomberg

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 11:33:17 EST 2013

The transition tonight from comedy to financial on 1200 ought to be
done with Monty Python's "Money Song": "But I love money. All money.
(sings) I've got...90 thousand pounds in my pajamas, I've got 40
thousand French francs in my fridge."

Barry Armstrong (WRKO etc.) welcomes the competition

http://bostonherald.com/business/media_marketing/2013/02/wrko_s_armstrong_welcomes_competition_from_bloomberg_radio

For all the talk about 55+ being an undesirable demo, Armstrong says,
"“A lot of people say, ‘Who wants to be highly ranked among
55-year-old men?’ You know what, 55-year-old men and women have all
the wealth in this country and we do really well there."

Clark Smidt also had high hopes for the new format on a post via his facebook.

As for the Boston Progressive Talk airing on both 1200 and 1430, it
started around Oct 4, 2004 or so (Fybush's NERW issue for that date
mentions it and the name of the popular standards DJ was Bill
Wightman, as mentioned there). I think the weekend before they ran
a stunt loop (clips from an Al Franken audiobook, Neil Young's
"Rockin' in a Free World", etc.) with the format probably starting on
Mon. Oct 4, 2004.

>>The new format replaces standards on WXKS (where we hear some tears were shed as morning man Bill Wightman said farewell to his audience last week) and Spanish religion on WKOX.

http://www.fybush.com/NERW/2004/041004/nerw.html

Donna heard about the end of the format in early Dec. of 2006; it
ceased a few days before Christmas. (Thu Dec 21 of '06 according to
the Christmas Day '06 edition of NERW)