Station IDs (Was Re: WBUR's L-O-N-G Station ID)

Ed Hennessy ehennessy@verizon.net
Wed Feb 27 07:09:38 EST 2013

This reminds me of the recent discussion on cities listed in legal IDs.

If I recall correctly, WKSS's city of license is Hartford-Meriden. It's not simply Hartford, and it's not just because their stick is on West Peak (or else WDRC-FM, WHCN, and WZMX would be licensed the same way, and they are not), nor is it because they want to link to Meriden (if anything, they'd likely use another city, like New Haven, given the choice). Anyone know the history on that one? If it was for 'local service' reasons, then why not just WKSS Meriden?

Ed Hennessy