WBUR's L-O-N-G Station ID

Don Donald_Astelle@yahoo.com
Sun Feb 24 14:20:09 EST 2013

> <<On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 12:47:25 -0500, "Don" <Donald_Astelle@yahoo.com>
> said:
>
>> Why do people have an ongoing fascination with this topic?
>
>> It doesn't matter...to the listeners, nor the FCC.
>
> If it doesn't matter to the FCC, then they have a simple process
> (which does require 60 days notice in the Federal Register) to
> eliminate the requirement.

> Of course, if stations no longer had to identify their community of
> license, many communities would lose the last remaining "service" they
> receive from those stations.

Not that the legal ID doesn't matter.....the debate about the preciseness of
it.

Does "WLKW 'AM & FM'"  Providence mean anything different that "WLKW and
WLKW-FM Providence"?

Not to me, not to listeners, not to the FCC enforment officials.......only
to policy wonks.

But again, why the facination with it?