WBUR's L-O-N-G Station ID

A Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Sun Feb 24 01:32:15 EST 2013

On 2/23/2013 4:48 PM, Dan.Strassberg wrote:

> I wonder if it's a union thing that requires WBUR (AM) 1240 to ID
> separately
> from WBUR-FM 90.9. The only people who can be bothered by what sounds
> like
> an error in the West Yarmouth part of what IS the legal for the Boston FM
> are a handful of radio geeks like me, but why have the ID sound wrong
> when
> it would be so easy to have it sound correct.

I suppose it could be, but when I got my first FM radio in December
1958, I remember hearing a separate recorded ID which said, "This is
WRKO-FM in Boston" during what was otherwise a simulcast of WNAC.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.| 92 State Street| Suite 700| Boston, MA 02109-2004
617.367.0468|Fx:617.507.7856| http://www.attorneyross.com