Globe: sources say Ordway to be replaced

Mark Watson markwats@comcast.net
Wed Feb 13 19:35:28 EST 2013

Donna Halper wrote:

> It's a done deal. Glenn said goodbye on air, evidently, and his new
> replacement is on the way-- so is it a salary dump?  Or is it WEEI trying
> to re-image itself?  Or both?

IMHO, I'd say both. The Globe article stated Ordway had signed a 5 year
contract paying $1 million a year with out-clauses if certain ratings
benchmarks weren't met. One of those out-clauses apparently resulted in his
salary being cut in half in 2011. Depending on the wording of the contract
I'm guessing he'll receive some sore of severance package and the Globe
reports Salk will be making much less that Ordway, which helps Entercom's
bottom line.

And with a new host comes a chance for WEEI to re-image with a new PM drive
show.

Mark Watson