Boston radio and school closing/delay announcements

John Francini francini@mac.com
Wed Feb 13 06:48:02 EST 2013

It really wouldn't take all that much coding to make the no-school apps sort the names in "library" order, where for sorting purposes compass directional names and articles (a, an, the) are considered to be attached to the *end* of the name with a comma.  .

Thus, in a no-school list for towns, you'd see:

Andover
North Andover
.
.
.
Newton
West Newton.
.
.
Beaver Country Day School
The Best School
Boston College

Now of course this would likely mess up people who have grown used to the incorrect (i.e., lazy) sorting, so I suppose you'd have to do both. (In other words, "West Newton" would show up in both the Newtons and the Ws on the list. If they're not being read aloud it doesn't matter so much.)