Boston radio and school closing/delay announcements

A Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Wed Feb 13 01:02:05 EST 2013

On 2/12/2013 9:40 PM, Bob DeMattia wrote:

> While we are on the subject, a pet peeve:
>
> The towns/districts are listed in "computer alphabetical order".  Thus
> towns like
> "North Andover" and "North Reading" will be listed before towns like
> "Northborough"
> and "Northbridge".  This is because the computer includes the space
> character
> when alphabetizing the names - something my grade school teacher told me
> not to do!

Many things are changed by the needs of technology.  When I was in
school, I learned that noon was 12:00 AM and midnight was 12:00 PM.
Since the proliferation of digital devices, it has been the opposite.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.|92 State Street|Suite 700|Boston, MA 02109-2004
617.367.0468|Fx:617.507.7856|http://www.attorneyross.com