Something very odd but very good

Chris Hall chris2526@comcast.net
Sun Feb 10 16:15:00 EST 2013

Though I have had no loss of power or cable TV during this storm suddenly what has been an almost useless AM dial is now
completely free of noise pollution, its as if I had been transported back to 1987 when I first moved to this condo.  I see nothing unusual as far as
parking lot sodium vapor and hallway lighting. Recently even the FM dial was full of bursts on certain frequencies. I can go up and down the AM dial and it is completely clean. I have been listening to “Big bands and crooners Sundays” on WJIB  all Sunday afternoon on the GE superadio in the kitchen where WBZ and WRKO have over the years deteriorated to the point of being almost unlistenable.
During the past  10 years the RF noise pollution has been so bad WJIB was next to impossible even outside on the balcony, what ever
is going on I hope it stays that way. The water in the snowpack may be helping conductivity a little but  does not explain total disappearance of
the RF noise floor