"Boston's Real Jazz" WZBR 1410 on air

Eli Polonsky elipolo@earthlink.net
Sun Dec 22 10:34:57 EST 2013

>Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 01:34:46 -0500
>From: A Joseph Ross <joe@attorneyross.com>
>To: Kevin Vahey <kvahey@gmail.com>, Garrett Wollman
>	<wollman@bimajority.org>
>Cc: <boston-radio-interest@lists.bostonradio.org>
>Subject: Re: "Boston's Real Jazz" WZBR 1410 on air
>
>On 12/20/2013 3:11 AM, Kevin Vahey wrote:
>
>> Give Langer credit as he is spending money in the hopes
>> of getting a revenue stream to sustain it.
>
>I wonder where he gets a revenue stream for this.  There
>have been a number of efforts to have a jazz station on FM,
>and it's never taken off.  Who would advertise on a jazz
>station on AM?

I don't think he meant a revenue stream for the jazz format,
which is most likely a temporary placeholder. I think he
meant a revenue stream for the Portuguese/ethnic format
that the station will reportedly switch to, by selling
airtime via brokered programming and/or by local ethnic
sponsors. Much of the programming on Langers' 650 AM WSRO
is brokered, bought airtime by Portuguese and Brazilian
program producers.

EP