WXKS-FM (KISS 108) GETS CAUGHT LYING TO AUDIENCE

Kevin Vahey kvahey@gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 05:01:54 EST 2013

Garrett

I would agree that CC could easily lawyer their way out of this. BUT

CC violated the 'public trust' with the deception. In the old days a
station like 'WMEX or WRKO' would say "The views and opinions of the
lunatic on the air do not reflect management."

Telling the the people at TD Garden that Miley was there was wrong ( and
dumb ) but legal.

Telling the listeners of 107.9  that Miley would soon appear is another
matter entirely.

Look - CC could have issued a statement before the Boston concert that
Miley 'elected' to stay in New York and weather prevented her from
appearing. ( unknown is how many tickets were sold on that Saturday ) - but
come on, if by 1 PM they knew they could not fly, then find the diva a
glorified bus/limo to Boston. Even in the worst of conditions she could
have made Boston in 8 hours or less.

 I have problems with broadcast deceptions. 17 months ago we had Jack
Williams and Lisa Hughes pretending on-air that all was well on the
Esplanade when in fact it was ordered evacuated.

I know nothing will happen to CC - but it would be ice to see them squirm a
little,