Well said Donna

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Mon Dec 9 19:49:28 EST 2013

On 12/9/2013 4:52 PM, Kevin Vahey wrote:
> Donna didn't like what she saw on 60 Minutes last week and they broadcast
> part of her letter.

They broadcast a very tiny part, but still it was great to be included.
I was shocked when the producer called to tell me my letter would be
used in the Mailbag segment.  My entire letter, which complained about
the big wet kiss 60 Minutes gave to Jeff Bezos (Amazon must be a
sponsor), also wondered why not one hard question was asked-- not even
about the well-documented cases of brutal conditions in Amazon's
warehouses.  I understand that 60 Minutes does some celebrity pieces as
well as some hard news, but this was in the A block, the part of the
show usually reserved for a news story-- instead, it was nothing but
adulation and adoration towards Mr. Bezos. Don't get me wrong-- I have
nothing against him, nor against Amazon.  But when I watch 60 Minutes,
as I pointed out in another part of my letter that wasn't read, I expect
journalism, not public relations.