Breaking News!?! Sorry WCVB, I don't think so....

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 06:27:54 EST 2013

Think of all the times you're watching, say, Channel 7 and they're doing a
really important story about one of the NBC programs they run. Basically a
5 minute promo about some talent contest show.
I have somehow wound up on mailing lists for things like Ch 5 and its
sister station in Pittsburgh just because I had to sign up to see a video
from their newscast.

Movies like Network and Broadcast News show the decline from way back, from
Howard Beale's celebrity status to how the handsome news anchor (William
Hurt) fakes a tearful camera view of himself, to how the brainy but plain
looking anchor (Albert Brooks) "feeds" information to the pretty boy anchor
live, via phone line from his home. "I say it here, and it comes out
there," says Brooks' character to himself.