Breaking News!?! Sorry WCVB, I don't think so....

Gary's Ice Cream gary@garysicecream.com
Sun Dec 8 18:12:19 EST 2013

I totally disagree..it's a game and plenty of us could care less .. Its not
a life threatening event.like a fire, accident, bombing, etc.   Save
Breaking News for REAL news.

From: Kevin Vahey [mailto:kvahey@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, December 08, 2013 6:08 PM
To: Gary's Ice Cream
Cc: Boston Radio Group
Subject: Re: Breaking News!?! Sorry WCVB, I don't think so....

Given that thousands turned the game off when they fell badly behind that
alert was justified.

On Sun, Dec 8, 2013 at 4:55 PM, Gary's Ice Cream <gary@garysicecream.com>
wrote:

Just got "Breaking News" on my iPhone from NewsCenter 5.  I expected
something important and newsworthy.  Instead it was telling me that the
Patriots won their game.

I hardly think that is "Breaking News".  Whoopie, someone won a game.  Give
me a break - Breaking News is something important.  Please refrain from
sending drivel as Breaking News.

Am I wrong list?

-Gary Francis