FW: WKFY

Gary's Ice Cream gary@garysicecream.com
Sat Aug 31 09:52:18 EDT 2013

I was able to receive WJIB last night around 10pm in Chelmsford and they
were loud and clear.  Of course I was listening in AM just below the 160
meter ham band....using a moderate ham rig (Yaesu FT950) connected to a 120
foot long dipole going through an antenna tuner......but they were loud and
clear.

                    Gary's Ice Cream, Chelmsford, MA
www.garysicecream.com           www.icecreamcollege.com

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@lists.BostonRadio.org
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@lists.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of
Mark Watson
Sent: Saturday, August 31, 2013 8:53 AM
To: Paul B. Walker, Jr.; Kevin Vahey
Cc: Mark Connelly; Boston Radio Group
Subject: Re: WKFY

Paul Walker wrote:

>I havent been up through the area near WJIB in years, but I would bet
>the  tower location WJIB currently has is one of the reasons it's
>signal is so  good. Move it further inland and the signal dissipates.
> Only a guess because of water nearby.

WJIB's tower is not near the ocean, the closest water is Fresh Pond. But as
Chris Hall mentioned in his post, the ground system was replaced with the
four long copper rods deep into the soil. Apparently it works, as WJIB's day
signal is listenable in my car radio in Lowell and is listenable in other
places around the Greater Boston area.

Mark Watson