WKFY

Laurence Glavin lglavin@mail.com
Mon Aug 19 17:53:33 EDT 2013

>----- Original Message -----
>From: Garrett Wollman
>Sent: 08/19/13 05:04 PM
>To: TVNETDUDE@aol.com
>Subject: WKFY

<<On Mon, 19 Aug 2013 16:23:55 -0400 (EDT), TVNETDUDE@aol.com said: > It will be very interesting to see who sponsors a station aimed at a group > advertisers consider the grateful dead. >If anyone can do it, I wouldn't bet against John H. >And I wouldn't be too quick to count out that demo on the Cape: there >are plenty of retirees who live there full-time now. >-GAWollman
I've been sampling WWEM/WWED in the Virginia suburbs of DC on their website ( http://www.classicsradio.org )
and they're doing an exceptionslly good job of programming classical music so I haven't checked out WFCC in Chatham either on the internets or
on my radio the last time I was on the Cape of Cod. I suspect however that WFCC's spotload reflects an audience similar to
what WKFY could expect to get. If you wonder why I was logging on to a seemingly obscure station far away, over at
radioinsight.com, Lance was saying that WWEM/WWED were dropping over-the-air broadcasts and going strictly
online. So far, they've been giving station IDs on the hour, and the home page gives the frequencies for the two outlets.
Speaking of online "radio", bostonherald.com when I've observed it is a case study in how NOt to run a
talk station except for the noon-to-3:00 pm M-I-C-H-A-E-L G-R-A-H-A-M simulcast on about 70,000 watts of AM
over the air radio.