Entercom fires Jason Wolfe

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 10:51:33 EDT 2013

>>a group
advertisers consider the grateful dead.

This goes back to the 70s, but remember the first episode of "WKRP in
Cincinnati"? WKRP had been an "elevator music" station but Andy Travis, the
new program director, suddenly changed the format to rock. The station's
owner, Mrs. Carlson, objects (her son Arthur was the general manager) but
Andy points out that radio is a business and "rock and roll is where the
money is". Problem is, they still had some of the ads they were under
contract to run, so the episode ends with DJ Venus Flytrap saying on air,
"So let's get down little brothers and sisters--together we will growl, and
HOWL!" (shifts to a more sedate tone of voice)--"...right after this
message from Shady Hills Rest Home."

SPOT: "Many people have asked this age-old question...what happens when I
can
no longer feed myself?..."