Time Warner Cable shuts off CBS

Kevin Vahey kvahey@gmail.com
Sun Aug 4 17:41:21 EDT 2013

Time Warner was blindsided when Kevin White chose Cablevision. Warner
had quietly built up Somerville, Medford, Malden, Everett and other
towns to the north starting in 1972 and thought they were a lock for
Boston. Brookline would have been an expensive stand alone build-up
and they sold the license to Cablevision.

Cambridge was about the last to get wired and they chose American
Cable - Steve Dodge sold American to Continental and the horse trading
of systems began.