Could this be the end of broadcasting as we know it?

Ken VanTassell kenwvt@gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 07:31:31 EDT 2013

I think this is an idle threat by the networks. What is so bad about aereo
from the broadcasters perspective ? You can only see the local stations in
the market you happen to be in, and the commercials are intact. That means
more eyeballs on the ads. True they don't get retransmission fees, but that
was not part of the original cable deals either.  I myself am looking
forward to Aereo coming to Boston this summer. The Hopper on the other hand
advertises with great glee how you can skip the commercials, this is more
troublesome.

-Ken