Rhode Island names and other odd naming conventions

Kevin Vahey kvahey@gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 01:47:46 EDT 2013

The Feds demanded that Mass kill 128 when after I-95 was killed and Mass
decided that 95 would use 128.

They also demanded that US 1 be shifted to the SE Expressway instead of
the Jamaicaway.

We can debate forever what would have happened if the Inner Belt (695) was
built - and Route 2 was finished to feed into it.

Today after the Big Dig - driving downtown towards NH and Maine you have to
deal with Rt. 1 ( unless you take 93 to 95 )

Providence is 10 miles longer than it would have been with SW corridor.
Rte. 2 as an expressway ends at Fresh Pond.

The late Joe Green from WBZ told me once that 95 should have been built in
the SW corridor and 95 should have been built through Saugus and Lynn to
the Tobin. He was glad 695 was scrapped.