URI shooting scare

Chris Hall chris2526@comcast.net
Fri Apr 5 01:47:23 EDT 2013

I have to shake my head in disbelief, both WCVB-TV and WBZ-TV reported and are still reporting URI as being in Kingston rather than
Kingstown, RI.  Its astounding that two major market TV stations would misidentify and continue to misidentify a community 55-60 miles from Boston.
Its not like it’s a town in Kentucky, they both had helicopters swarming the campus. It’s a total lack of attention to details that were once common
place, the proper pronunciation of cities and towns and other things unique to New England. One would have thought that there would be  a New England native in both newsrooms that would have caught such an embarrassing error