WNSH-AM 1570 To Boost Power To 50K?

Laurence Glavin lglavin@mail.com
Thu Sep 27 15:56:42 EDT 2012

The FCC Applications list for today includes a "minor change" application for WNSH-AM 1570 in Beverly. MINOR CHANGE?
 They hope to boost the signal to 50,000-watts non-directional days. A few years ago, there was a plan under
 previous ownership to do just that, but with a directional antenna. At the time, I couldn't figure out where
 they'd put the towers at the Endicott College campus, but it didn't matter because they reduced the application to
 30K NDA. And the application also seems to ask for 50K during critical hours. WNSH's "tower" (in quotes because
 it's quite short) is not only smack in the middle of a college campus, but that campus is surrounded by a
 residential area. I wouldn't be surprised if many of the locals experienced problems when the power was
 boosted; a 50K operation would presumably make it worse.