Boston downtown radio towers (1956)

Dan.Strassberg dan.strassberg@att.net
Wed Sep 26 20:41:01 EDT 2012

If memory serves, and, alas, it often does not, I heard back when those
towers still existed that they were used to communicate with ships in Mass
Bay. I believe that the towers WERE connected with some US government
agency--probably one whose Boston offices were or had been in the Custom
House. Because the towers resembled an AM transmiting array, radio geeks
(who weren't yet known as geeks back then) often asked about them. AFAIK,
they never were related to a commercial radio broadcast station.

-----
Dan Strassberg (dan.strassberg@att.net)
eFax 1-707-215-6367

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sid Schweiger" <sids1045@aol.com>
To: <radiotest@plymouthcolony.net>;
<boston-radio-interest@lists.BostonRadio.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 10:41 AM
Subject: Re: Boston downtown radio towers (1956)

"After seeing this picture I have a vague recall of these towers, but I
have>no clue who they transmitted. Anybody have a
clue?>>https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/470934_4296181715469_1623633222_o.jpg"

Note the location...right next to the Custom House.  Might they be an FCC
monitoring station?