In Quebec - here we go again

Kevin Vahey kvahey@gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 01:30:26 EDT 2012

Quebec really believes they are their own country. They actually control
immigration - just being approved by Ottawa is not enough to let you move
to Montreal.

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/index.html

Scott detailed the Montreal mess 2 months ago
http://www.fybush.com/nerw-7162012-will-montreals-690-speak-french-again/

As I posted yesterday - many in Montreal believe that Bell's endgame is to
move CJAD 800 to 690. That would appease most anglophones - CKGM in turn
becomes French with sports at 800. The new English station on 600 ( The
former CFCF-CIQC ) would cover Montreal Island fine up into Ottawa.

CKGM has very low BBM numbers but a Mercedes-Benz dealership (Silver Star)
has kept them afloat as the owner is a sports nut.

The CRTC works in mysterious ways. To allow CKAC 730 to become a 24 hour
traffic station in French is a horrible waste of a former clear channel.

Maybe the CRTC would allow TSN-English radio on silent 850 as nobody else
seems to want it. ( Of course WEEI would not be thrilled with 850 firing up
again as the old CKVL played havoc at night as they seemed to forget about
pattern changes and just killed EEI at night in the NW burbs )