[B-R-I] Re: nu-ku-lar

Bill O'Neill billohno@gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 11:36:14 EDT 2012

Put me down for heighT not heighTH. Drives me nut-th.
Bill O’

-------- Original Message --------
From: Ed Hennessy <ehennessy@verizon.net>
Sent: Fri Sep 07 08:43:02 EDT 2012
To: Boston-Radio-Interest@lists.BostonRadio.org
Subject: Re: RE: [B-R-I]  Re: nu-ku-lar

A pet peeve of mine is that (according to what used to be accepted, standard usage) a non-aspirated H sound uses 'an' because it is basically silent and picks up the vowel sound that follows the H, but a non-aspirated H uses 'a' because it's a consonant sound. It's "a historical event," but "an homage." Any other usage, IMHO, is incorrect and often pretentious sounding.

My 2c...and my teachers in elementary school thank you...

Ed Hennessy