WBIN-TV 18?

Bob DeMattia bob.bosra@demattia.net
Thu Oct 25 07:29:37 EDT 2012

> But since there no longer seems to be an ingress problem, I don't
> understand why Comcast in Brookline suddenly moved WGBH 44 from channel 44
> to channel 16.

I don't see how ingress is related to 44's cable assignment in Brookline.
CATV44 is a different frequency than RF44, plus of course
44 is actually transmitting on RF43 now.  I think it all comes down to who
gets the most audience on which channel and who can
convince the cable company to help them.

For example, on Chater Cable here, most of the formerly VHF Boston stations
are on their own numbers: 2, 4, 5, 7.  The others,
25, 38, and 56, are on 6, 8, and 9 respectively.  The HD versions used to
be on 782-789.  A while back, WBZ got moved to 783 and
they put QVC on 784.  I strongly believe this was done so that QVC would be
in the middle of the local channels.  The
SD channels did not change.  Channel 3 is still the local Charter-produced
news channel and 4 is still on 4.

-Bob