WNBP-FM 106.1 W291CC

Supersport supersport@maine.rr.com
Fri Oct 5 19:55:45 EDT 2012

...and stepping on/interfering with the 8 year old "Portsmouth Community
Radio -  WSCA-LP" (100 Watts) out of Portsmouth just beyond the toll booths
on Route 95 until you are literally around Exit 5 in Portsmouth, NH. I must
say for 90 Watts, the signal is very impressive!

SS

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Hall [mailto:chris2526@comcast.net]
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2012 12:27 AM
To: boston-radio-interest@lists.bostonradio.org
Subject: WNBP-FM 106.1 W291CC

On a drive down to Essex today I had the pleasure of listening to the new
WNBP-FM, very well programmed local radio at its best.  The new signal is
listenable from the junction of I-495 and Route 213 in Methuen all the way
to Restaurant Row in Essex with a few areas of co-channel garbage in Rowley
and Ipswich.....not bad for 90 watts. The announcement seems to be a change
to "The Legends" a late 50's and predominantly 60's based oldies format
which is extremely well done. Audio is excellent, a touch over compressed
for my taste but I understand why they are doing it just trying to get the
most out of their RF signal and are doing an excellent job. NBC News on the
hour, even though the signal is a bit challenged across the boarder in
Salem. Just reset one of my long wasted FM push buttons to 106.1 to enjoy
this wonderful station where I can.