WBUR Buys 92.7 WMVY

scott@fybush.com scott@fybush.com
Tue Nov 27 18:01:45 EST 2012

> Kevin writes:
>>What will become of WBUR-AM in West Yarmouth?
>

> I'm guessing the demand for a 1,000-watt in an over-radioed region --
> where supposedly WMVY couldn't make a go of it -- will be minimal. It
> looks like 92.7 covers a lot of the turf that 1240 does.
>
> On purely financial grounds, you'd think BU would be foolish to do
> anything other than turn in the license.

Assuming for the sake of argument that it doesn't cost very much at all to
keep 1240 running, I suspect WBUR will probably just keep 1240 running. As
Sean correctly notes, it's worth less to just about anyone else than it is
to WBUR, and it does do a little better in some parts of the mid-Cape than
92.7, especially on the bay side. I can't even see much value to 1240 as a
translator input for anyone else.