Interesting TV up in Bangor

Mark Laurence marklaurence@mac.com
Wed Nov 21 17:24:07 EST 2012

On Nov 21, 2012, at 4:33 PM, Mike G wrote:

> Don't know if this has ever happened before, but talk about unprofessional. http://www.boston.com/news/local/maine/2012/11/21/maine-news-anchors-quit-air/YqTUapdOzCp3Q73NYeubeM/story.html

The Bangor Daily News story is a lot more thorough: http://bit.ly/QX7JgN

You call it "unprofessional" which wasn't what came to my mind.  But I don't know if you were saying the news anchors or station management were acting unprofessionally.  The Bangor Daily News story (http://bit.ly/QX7JgN) is a lot more thorough, and it says the anchors claimed to be "'expected to do somewhat unbalanced news, politically, in general.' Neither Michaels nor Consiglio would say what specific political leaning they were expected to adopt."

If true, it sounds like grounds for a very public resignation to me.

Mark