WBZ should hang its head in shame

D. A. donald_astelle@yahoo.com
Thu May 31 23:07:55 EDT 2012

> Now if you want to talk about turn-offs on WBZ, how about
> that stupid
> CBS Evening simulcast?  Are they still running
> that?

This is a corporate dictate from high above the local WBZ management.

I agree it's stupid.  But O&O's have always been forced to carry stuff that some corporate suit thought was a good idea.  That's been happening since the beginning.  (The question I have.....was it a corperate suit from CBS _Radio_ -who should know better----or from someone higher up in the CBS hierarchy who sees the radio division as simply a place to cross promote the more important TV product..)

I also never got the whole "60 Minutes" audio thing on Sunday night either.  But The CBS Radio network has been offering both these things to affiliates.....and typically O&O's are forced to take them.