WBZ should hang its head in shame

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Thu May 31 22:57:35 EDT 2012

<<On Thu, 31 May 2012 22:48:12 -0400, Ron Bello <rbello@belloassoc.com> said:

> Listen to Ray Hoffman of The Wall Street Journal on WCBS who paints a
> picture of the overall market in his report.  Sometimes with a bit of humor
> too.

Um, perhaps you haven't noticed that WBZ has very similar reports from
MarketWatch (which is also owned by Rupert Murdoch) twice an hour?
And Anthony does his business segment in PM drive every hour at :25?

None of this going to get you the 18-34 demo, who (despite the success
of one Mr. Zuckerberg) by and large have no investments to speak of.

Now if you want to talk about turn-offs on WBZ, how about that stupid
CBS Evening simulcast?  Are they still running that?  (I don't get out
of work until 7:00 so I never hear it.)  If they wanted to take the
evening World News Roundup, which is actually produced for radio, that
would be one thing, but simulcasting a TV newscast is totally
small-market stuff.

-GAWollman