pirate query

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Sun May 27 23:18:18 EDT 2012

<<On Sun, 27 May 2012 22:24:31 -0400, Donna Halper <dlh@donnahalper.com> said:

> On 5/27/2012 10:05 PM, Kevin Vahey wrote:
>> Capuano supports the station and he uses it when he needs to send a
>> message. Of course politics are involved.

> So is this another by-product of deregulation?  I remember when everyone
> feared the FCC and dreaded an inspection.

No, it's a byproduct of the FCC's enforcement bureau being starved of
resources since the first Bush administration.  That may in fact be an
intentional consequence of deregulation, although I doubt it, since
most of the people who supported deregulation were entrenched
broadcasters who have no reason to favor pirates.

-GAWollman