Wikipedia entry for WKOX

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Thu May 24 15:45:35 EDT 2012

On 5/24/2012 4:11 AM, Bob Nelson wrote:

> New article in the Phoenix continues to claim he owns the calls (or at
> least it mentions CC will not have access to the WFNX calls,
> intellectual property or music library)

Well I suppose it's possible that his contract with CC was that they
will change the call letters, and that would no doubt be a binding
contract provision, but that doesn't stop anyone else from getting the
call letters.

That was part of the story of Ted Turner's arrangement with WTBS/WMBR.
There was at least part of the consideration that they would only get
if, after their call-letter change, he was able to get the FCC to assign
the WTBS call letters to him.  There was no guarantee.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.|92 State Street|Suite 700|Boston, MA 02109-2004
617.367.0468|Fx: 617.507.7856|http://www.attorneyross.com