Wikipedia entry for WKOX

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Wed May 23 10:10:27 EDT 2012

On 5/23/2012 9:08 AM, Dan.Strassberg wrote:
> What amazes me about this transfer is that, unlike just about every
> other station transfer in reasonably large markets in the last few
> years--at least in cases where the prospective licensee had not made
> its programming plans clear, I have not seen postings by the WHOIS
> detectives. These are the self-appointed folks who unearth new URL
> registrations that may or may not be genuine and may or may not be
> connected to the station whose license is to be transferred. This
> time, I had expected to see postings about registrations for (at
> least) talk1017.com and mia1017.com, speculation about who the REAL
> domain-name registrants are, and speculation about whether the
> registrants have any legitimate connection to Clear Channel or Clear
> Channel Boston. Then there should be endless strings of posts by Bob
> Nelson about the posts that contain the speculation.

One of the reasons those "self-appointed folks" tend to be as prescient
as they are is that they don't speculate, per se...at least in the case
of Lance Venta at RadioInsight.com, he only puts an item up when there's
actually a domain registration to report.

As of 10:00 this morning, nobody has registered talk1017.com...or
mia101.7com...or radio1017.com...or rumba1017.com...or wkoxfm.com....or
jamn1017.com. Anyone who has 13 bucks to spare (which rules me out at
the moment, alas) could register any of those names and start the wheel
of speculation spinning. But for now, there's simply no red meat out
there for anyone to start chewing on, which I guess leaves us
speculating on the lack of speculation.