"It's the programming, stupid!"

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@gmail.com
Sat May 19 02:51:52 EDT 2012

People are using the generic term iPod; for me, it's mp3 players. I
have a couple
(Sony, Sansa etc.) which do have the FM band on them but of course no
AM. Some can
record off that FM band, too. I gave a friend some of the Red Sox game
recorded off
WEEI-FM. (Of course I went old school and then put an adapter-- 1/8"
into my mp3 player, then RCA jacks going into my cass. deck, and
dubbed it on cass. for him. But I recorded the Sox while at work, came
in fine...on FM.)

Noticed AM-FM Walkmen at stores, or mini boomboxes, clock radios,
etc.? Not many models of portable Walkman-sized radios, and most of
the radios I just mentioned are el cheapo in quality. Are people
buying them? A few. More a probably buying mp3 players or iPods.