WPKZ To Air Yankees Games

Mark Laurence marklaurence@mac.com
Sat Mar 3 12:01:54 EST 2012

On Mar 3, 2012, at 11:43 AM, Kevin Vahey wrote:

> WVEI is an almost useless signal. When the old WAAB was forced to move to
> Worcester they did not get a good deal.

It's not THAT horrible.  When I worked there in the 80's we were fully competitive and frequently #1, even as an AM music station competing against FM signals all the way through the decade.  The signal gets to Westboro in the East, the Brookfields in the West, and at least one town out from Worcester in every direction at night.  At the time there were 4 AM stations in Worcester, and only WTAG had a better signal.

But it's not a great signal for today's market conditions, for sure.