103.3 Playlist

Lou lspin@comcast.net
Sat Jun 30 17:02:55 EDT 2012

I agree that it would be silly for stations to announce an alternate
programming source.  But I have heard WROR occasionally mention their
"Nothing but 70s" HD2 channel on the main signal.  My point is that a little
promotion in print, web or TV might breathe a little life into these dying
outlets.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sid Schweiger [mailto:sids1045@aol.com]
Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2012 4:43 PM
To: Lou
Cc: Don; Jeff Lehmann; Larry Weil; boston Radio Interest
Subject: Re: 103.3 Playlist

"I never see advertising to let people know that these outlets exist.  And
'casual mentions' on the main signal can't count because it probably doesn't
appeal to those listeners."

There will be no "casual mentions" on the main signal because no station
owner with an ounce of brains is going to deliberately dilute an audience
that shows in Arbitron by driving them to an HD secondary channel that
doesn't show in the ratings, even if it's an HD secondary under the same
ownership.