Some Thoughts on WODS/AmpRadio

Mike G mike_ed@msn.com
Thu Jun 28 22:49:38 EDT 2012

i read your e-mail with interest because, like you, WHTT was one of the first stations that I too became a fan of.  I can remember going out to dinner at a 99 restaurant with my family and they had it blaring over the loudspeakers.  I was only 12 or 13 at the time and I was hooked from there on out.  Between me and my sister, we never even considered KISS because as far as we were concerned, it was still the " disco station ".  I've followed the progression of 103.3 and in a sense for me it came full circle as far as the songs they played new on WHTT were now the oldies on WODS.  I haven't listened to this AMP103.3 yet, but I can't possibly see how they can differentiate themselves from KISS or 94.5 with such a tight playlist radio now uses for their programming.  I mean all day today, I've been asking myself what constitutes top-40 radio anymore.  Does Boston really need another station playing Justin Bieber ??  Maybe, I'll be wrong, but I honestly can't see this lasting more than 2-3 years max.