BRW: AMP format to 103.3 tomorrow, 60s-80s to hd2

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Wed Jun 27 17:46:28 EDT 2012

On 6/27/2012 3:45 PM, Bob DeMattia wrote:

> All Access also has it now as well, including the new logo.
> http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/107621/wods-to-flip-to-top-40-as-103-3-amp-radio-tomorrow
>

> I wonder if they will finally get rid of probably the ugliest (odious?)
> callsign a radio station has ever had?!?
> WAMP wouldn't be much better, but fortunately that's already in used (as
> WAMP-FM) on 88.1 in Jackson, TN.

If they're going to keep the classic hits format on an HD channel and on
wods.com, they may want to protect the ability to use the wods trademark
by warehousing the call letters somewhere.  They may decide to
de-emphasize call letters, as Boston's Sports Hub has done, in which
case they may as well continue to be WODS as anything else.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.|92 State Street|Suite 700|Boston, MA 02109-2004
617.367.0468|Fx: 617.507.7856|http://www.attorneyross.com