The Phoenix now plans to continue WFNX online

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 10:49:48 EDT 2012

The Phoenix's article doesn't mention the boston.com situation at all
from what I saw, but who knows if the Globe might buy the Phoenix.

A couple tweets by Dan Cobb to the likes of Henry Santoro said "#WFNX
break-off station needs a call-sign. How about BXCi "Boston's
Alternative dotCom" and "very happy for all of you and generally good
news, but also feel like I just landed in a custody battle"

What seemed to happen was that the Globe decided to launch their own
successor to WFNX with the air personalities, while Mindich is plowing
ahead with his own operation...
and unless a deal is made between Mindich and the Globe, the Phoenix's
station would have any WFNX identity. Perhaps the WFNX stream might
contain rebroadcasts of
old shows and events and past shows with those DJs and they would
retain any intellectual property of the now-departing station, while
boston.com goes ahead with the DJs themselves.